THE FAITH-FACTOR OF THANKSGIVING



What do you do with the rest of  the year, when your set goals for the year  is achieved on the first day of the year?

Michael Dean  adviced I should switch from Thanksgiving  to “ Thanksliving”,   he said  parents
Teach their kids to  say “please” when they ask for something.  And when they receive something, they are to say “thank  you.” Teaching a child to say “please” is  relatively easy.
You  just withhold whatever they ask for until they say “please”.  If  they want  it badly enough they will eventually get around to saying it. Getting kids to say “thank you” is a little harder.  Parents  lose their leverage on the kid(s) when they have what they want  in their grubby little hands .  He also retorted  the difference  in saying “thank you” and expressing gratitude. Gratitude is an attitude. One can say “thank you,” but  not really be thankful. It’s a profound  shift in ones outlook on life when one truly begin to feel gratitude in his heart for what has been given to him. This is when “thanksgiving” turns into “thanksliving.”

 Thanksliving happens when one is overwhelmed with the realization that he is  blessed… that he is a recipients of great kindness and grace from God and from other people.
Then, you  have gone from thanksgiving to thanksliving when you want to give something
back.  Thanksliving comes in many shapes and sizes:
• God has blessed me financially; I want to use my financial resources to bless God and others.
• My parents sacrificed for me; I want to return the blessings and sacrifice for them.
• Someone took the time to tell me about Jesus; I want to pass my faith along to others.
• People have gone out of their way to say kind words of encouragement to me; I want to do the same for others.
• Saints in my church invested their lives to build a great fellowship for today; I want to
invest my life in building something special for the next generation.
It’s great to say thanks. It’s even better to live thanks.